Monday, October 1, 2012

Do You Believe In The Healing Power Of Stones?


Some people think I'm quite odd when I start talking about crystals and the healing power of stones. If I'm honest, some people just think I'm quite odd. Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that, if you're not sure about stones, gemstones and crystals: what they do and how, how they can possibly have any effect on people, their health or other situations, then you're not alone.
As a very brief overview, crystals are created in and of the earth, either from mineral deposits, high temperatures, compression, or volcanic activity. You might just think that some of them look like lumps of rock, and you would be right. You might think that some, when polished up are very attractive and you'd quite like some jewellery made from them: rubies and diamonds are good examples. Some are plentiful and easily obtained, others are more rare, or more difficult to mine and cut, so they are very much more expensive and sought after.
In terms of crystal healing or the healing properties of stones like quartz, agate, boji stones and amethyst to mention just a few, things get a little more esoteric. Some people will believe that crystals can have an effect on you, and some people won't. Some of you might be willing to be persuaded, others most certainly will not. Quite frankly, in the nicest possible way, I don't mind where you stand on the subject of crystals and whether or not they have any healing or other properties. I am happy to say that you can believe what you believe, and I know what I experience.
So, when it comes to crystals what do I experience? Well, my story starts some years ago when I first 'discovered' crystals. A lady, who later became a friend and teacher to me, sold crystals on the local market. As I'm attracted to shiny jewellery, as many ladies are, I had a look at her stall and soon got talking to her (her name is Marion). On picking up a smallish tumblestone I was astounded to find that, as it rested in the palm of my hand, I could feel a kind of pulse from the stone itself. It was as though it had a heartbeat. I asked Marion if that was normal and she simply smiled in her knowing way. She asked me some questions while I held the crystal, about how it made me feel, whether I could feel any other movement or energy and whereabouts I sensed it in my own body. Then she asked me, if I closed my eyes, what happened? Wow! In my mind's eye I saw colours, shapes, movement, and I just knew things about this tiny little stone. That was it, I was hooked on crystals whether or not these little things had healing properties or not.
Crystals have always had a profound impact on me. Even to the point where one day I picked up an amazing chiastolite crystal (often referred to as fairy crosses) and nearly fell over, its energy was so apparent to me. Malachite, a beautiful green marble-effect stone, for many years, and sometimes still now, makes me feel physically sick. And I daren't wear or carry moldavite if I'm driving as it completely spaces me out!
I have spent years studying books, but more importantly I working with crystals. I was encouraged by Marion to sense what I felt they were for, rather than taking someone's word for it in a book, or even asking her opinion. I discovered a lot about myself and about crystal energy in this way.
How do crystals and stones work their magic and impart their healing powers? I don't honestly know for certain. The best explanation, and the one that makes the most sense to me, is that it is all down to the energy they give off. In much the same way as when you have been affected by the mood or energy of another human - positively or negatively. Or even an animal (how relaxing is it to sit with a placid cat or dog?) Well, that's how I believe crystals work.
The stones emit a certain frequency of energy that we pick up and that allows us to re-balance and come back to our natural state of equilibrium. Because our natural state is actually one of balance, when we come close to a balanced energy vibration (like that given off by the stones) we naturally pick up on it and 'remember' our own, same, balanced natural vibration and begin to return to it ( This theory, I believe, is similar to sympathetic resonance or sympathetic vibration.)
Imagine that your body is stressed and out of balance for some reason, (maybe tiredness, a hectic lifestyle or similar) and this results in a headache. If a particular crystal gives of an energy of calm relaxation, just as some people do (you know, the ones you like to be around because they make you feel chilled out) then there is no reason why you wouldn't start to be more relaxed, and your headache would begin to disappear.
Here are my 'go-to' crystals for particular moods or situations that might come up for me:
  • If I'm not happy, or giving myself a tough time I wear rose quartz to help me cheer up and love myself more.
  • If I'm teaching I have always worn aqua aura because it feels like a special stone to me. It has a blue colour which assists with communication and I believe helps me to work with the highest of intentions and in pure thought (because it's a mix of gold and clear quartz).
  • If I'm feeling out of balance and need more energy I carry a pair of boji stones - they are amazing, just try them!
  • If I'm spaced out and in need of grounding black obsidian or hematite do the trick and bring me back down to earth.
  • If I'm doing rescue work or need to make sure that my psychic protection is strong then only black tourmaline will do.
So, do you believe in the healing powers of crystals and gemstones? If you're interested and open-minded but still unsure, why not have a play and see what you sense from them. Give them time and see if they help you to return to a healthy, calm, balanced state of mind or perhaps help you to develop certain aspects of yourself that you feel you would like to improve upon. Then you can make your mind up for yourself, based on your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment